It has finally happened. Your crush has accepted your offer and has consented to come with you on that romantic date! The day has arrived and you are extremely nervous about the whole situation. I am sure all of us have come across this situation and have had weak knees. Who would not want the date to be a memorable one with memories to cherish a lifetime? A little bit of preparation in advance can certainly make the dating experience an amazing one.
Getting ready for a date can be both fun and disastrous. It all depends on the way you plan the D-day. In case you already are preoccupied, the entire day and your work or other commitments drag on until the time fixed for the date you are surely going to rush through the preparations leaving you exhausted physically and mentally before the start of the date itself. This would be a typical example of a disastrous way of getting ready for a date. When the start itself is messy, you have nobody to blame but yourself in case the date also gets into a stew.
To help you tackle such a sticky situation the following few tips listed below would assist you in getting ready for a date in an organized and relaxed manner.
- Keep an open mind: while getting ready for a date primarily you should understand that this is after all just a date and not the end of the world. Try not to think of the result of the date even before the start. Keep your mind free of unnecessary cluttered thoughts and stay relaxed. This is very important while getting ready for a date as a troubled mind will not help you express your feelings freely.
- Get organized: a date is something, which is not sudden. It is certainly a planned outing so organize all your outfits and accessories which you have decided to wear for the occasion. Take time in deciding what to wear and how you are going to present yourself before your date, as appearance is very important. When you look good, you automatically start feeling high in confidence. A neat and well-dressed person would sure be able to create the perfect atmosphere for a date.
- Time your day: once you know that you will be going out on a date in the evening plan your day accordingly and get yourself free from all other commitments by late afternoon. Spend the first half of the evening by enjoying a long and warm shower to release all your stress. Also, make use of the time to think about the date and the things you would like to tell or ask your partner. Prepare a mental conversation, which would help you at the time of the date. Do not rush through the shower as a routine. Use the time to relax and feel good about yourself.
- Get ready with music: once you out of the shower and you have, your dress spread out for the occasion, play some real romantic and soft music to raise the spirits and set you in the mood for the outing. This would be the perfect ambience to help you in getting ready for a date in a slow and relaxed pace without removing that beautiful smile off your face. Feel good about the occasion while getting ready. This would prepare your mind for the date and help you set your looks to perfection!
- Make prior arrangements to reach the venue: well you are going on a date so you obviously know the venue where you are heading. Hence, make sure your car is in perfect shape and has sufficient petrol in case you are driving down, as you do not want to be late for the date just because you forgot to fill the tank or get the vehicle serviced the week before. In case you are planning to head to the venue by taxi make sure you book the cab in advance, as you do not want to be running on the road looking for a cab. Whatever your mode of transport make good arrangements well in advance as a part of your preparations while getting ready for a date.
- Use the perfect amount of body spray: you do not want your date to feel uncomfortable sitting across the table just because you drenched yourself with the most exquisite body spray or perfume. Well even the best of cologne or perfume smells good only when used to a certain limit. An overdose can leave your partner looking for fresh air to breathe. Hence, smell good but it mild and pleasing, which would be perfect for the situation.
- Prepare your conversation: another important aspect of getting ready for a date is to prepare what you are going to speak at the date. You sure do not want to be tongue tied when you see your partner. When you have a set of points well organized in your memory, it would help you at the venue when you meet your special someone.
- Be safe: this getting ready for a date tip is mainly for all the women out there venturing out on your date. Always as a rule carry a mobile phone in your handbag or clutch and keep a close relative or friend informed about the date. Well it is always better to be on a safe side in case the something unwanted and unruly happens.
- Men’s tip: well men while getting ready for a date remember to polish your shoes and wear a neat tie. This may seem somewhat trivial to you but they would sure send a sweet message about you to your companion.
- Do not show desperation: it is understandable that you would be real tense and nervous about the outcome of the date but do not show it out. To keep you relaxed the pre preparation while getting ready for a date is important. When your partner sees a tinge of desperation in your attitude it could send across a negative message, which would either result in your partner taking advantage of the situation or the date ending on a disastrous note. Let time take its course and you would inevitable come to know of the result so just relax and enjoy the outing.
I hope that these above getting ready for a date tips would have helped you prepare yourself both mentally and physically for the date with your special some. So just, go out and enjoy the perfect evening!